It’s that time a year again! The weather is beautiful, Spring Break is just around the corner and High School Seniors are counting down the days until graduation! It’s one of my favorite times of the year!
Today I am sharing some High School Senior fashion ideas that will help you when it comes to picking our your outfits for your Senior Portraits. You want to pick something that radiates YOU, something that you are comfortable in and something that is stylish + fun!
For the girls:
- be comfortable – don’t wear something that you wouldn’t feel yourself in
- layers – it’s amazing what a few layers can do to your outfit! Different textures, coordinating colors and patterns will photograph beautifully
- jewelry – adding a bit of color or a long necklace will enhance your outfit
- accessories – scarves, a floppy hat or a chunky belt add details to your photographs
- don’t – don’t wear something that is too small, too short or too revealing
- avoid – avoid all white or solid colors
- shoes – remember that shoes matter! Pick something that is fun but won’t be uncomfortable and hurt your feet
- have your hair and makeup professionally done. Just a simple blow out is perfect and having your makeup professionally done will make your confidence shine through!
For the guys:
- be you – when picking your outfits, pick something that you would wear every day. Also, include a dressed up look – something that you could add to jeans
- layers – whether it’s a casual look or more of a dress up look, add some layers! It could be as simple as a t-shirt along with a jacket or a bit more fancy with a tie and sweater
- color – add color to your outfits. Maybe it’s a plaid flannel shirt or textured sweater – add something that
- hair – style your hair how you normally would. Don’t get a new haircut that you’ve been thinking about for a while, don’t add highlights or style in a completely different way
- shoes – again, they matter! Pick something that coordinates and that you wear often and avoid bright colored tennis shoes
- skip – stay away from solid colors or wordy t-shirts
- avoid – don’t wear tops or bottoms that are too tight or too baggy
- hats – hats can be incorporated into your session – bring one that is your favorite or that coordinates with your outfits
Hopefully these ideas will help you plan for your upcoming portrait session! I know I’m looking forward to having these gorgeous seniors in front of my camera!
Images found on Instagram via @francescas, @stitchfix, @anthropologie, @stitchfixmen, @tillys @pacsun